Welcome to the Granville Hotel
The Granville Hotel, Waterford City is the birthplace of Thomas Francis Meagher, the man responsible for the Irish National Flag. The Granville Hotel building dates back to the 1700's and has played a predominant role in Waterford's rich history.
The hotel was purchased in 1979 by Liam and Ann Cusack and restored to its former gracious grandeur, combining modern comfort with olde worlde charm and elegance.
The Granville Hotel is a family run hotel and this passion and commitment shows in our high standards of quality and service. The Cusack family second generation Fiona, Jackie and Sandra now continue to uphold the Granville traditions of comfort, service and hospitality.
Located in Waterford City Centre, the Granville Hotel is the ideal base to explore the Waterford Greenway a 46km off road cycling and walking trail taking in beautiful scenic views from River to Sea. A short walk from the hotel brings you back in time to the Viking Triangle which includes Waterford's Bishops Palace Museum, Medieval Musem, Reginalds Tower, King of the Vikings VR Experience and the Worlds Longest Viking Sword, a 23 metre wooden sculpture depicting Waterford's Viking heritage through carvings. The Granville Hotel is easy to find located just a 10 minute walk from the Train Station and a 5 minute walk from the Bus Station in Waterford City Centre.
For more about the history of the Granville Hotel click here
Good to know
- Book direct and receive €10 food credit for the Bar or Restaurant
- The Granville Hotel offers a unique and rich History
- We value our customers, book direct with us for a personal experience
- 4* Hotel in the heart of Waterford City Centre
- Free parking from 5pm until 12noon the following day or discounted rates for longer term parking up to 48hrs
- AA Rosette Awarded Restaurant
- Georgina Campbell Guide’s 'Hotel of the Year'
- No.1 of 12 Hotels in Waterford on Tripadvisor
- 2 Great Taste Awards for our Homemade Jams